The TSI Consulting® Strategic Mapping Process is a facilitated process which helps an organization's leadership develop its strategy. It results in clear strategic focus, strong agreement by the leadership team, and a well-defined path for implementing the strategy.
Strategic mapping is part of the Formulation Stage of strategic effectiveness. TSI consultants lead participants through this process in which they:
- Assess the current situation - summarizing the organization's strengths, areas of needed improvement, and the critical issues it will face in the next three to five years.
- Identify the central challenge that the organization faces. This challenge provides a focal point for strategy, defining what the organization must do to succeed.
- Formulate a strategic map that outlines the strategic priorities of the organization and specific objectives that support those priorities.
- Create a clear path to implementation that includes developing the results, timelines and accountabilities that guide implementation.
- Identify the key steps in communicating the strategy to the organization and its various stakeholders.
The Strategic MapThe strategic map is a critical outcome of TSI's strategic mapping process. It is a one-page visual display of strategy which:
- Provides focus and forces choices
- Is very simple to use, yet sufficiently detailed to represent the strategy
- Results in alignment and commitment to the strategy
- Facilitates communication throughout the organization
- Supports strategy review and adjustment
Want to learn more?
Contact us today.