TSI's approach to strategy is based on a set of fundamental principles we've validated and refined in hundreds of client engagements:
- There's no such thing as the perfect strategic plan - and trying to develop one wastes significant time, money and energy.
- In trying to formulate solid strategy, sometimes organizations get stuck in a "planning loop." When this happens, they resist moving to implementation.
- Strong alignment and commitment to a "good enough" strategy - one that is strategically sound yet efficiently developed - is the best path to strategic effectiveness.
- Quickly putting your plan into action is critical, because implementation is a much better teacher than more planning.
- "Good enough" strategies improve during implementation because they are flexible enough to adapt based on what works, what doesn't, and how the world keeps changing.
What Is A "Good Enough" Strategy?
A "good enough" strategy:
- Allows the team to move forward with clear strategic direction and aligned intent
- Isn't perfect-- but has "90% agreement" of the leadership team
- Provides a sound basis to move immediately to implementation
- Is flexible enough to improve over time, as the plan is reviewed and adjustments are made
How We Help Our Clients Succeed
- TSI has a powerful and efficient planning process that quickly aligns leadership behind a "good enough" strategic plan that's implementation-ready in days rather than weeks or months.
- TSI consultants are seasoned experts with years of experience in business strategy.
- TSI's principals lead every client engagement from start to finish. Our experienced senior consultants are our competitive advantage and our clients' key to complete satisfaction.